This role is an exciting opportunity for an information/data professional to join a growing company to work on a number of innovative information and data projects, including the development of new information products for this company's subscribers.
This company continues to enjoy strong year-on-year growth, and employs staff mainly in the UK but also elsewhere in Europe and in the US. They are looking for an individual with drive, enthusiasm and passion. In return, you will find this a stimulating place to work, with a palpable sense of purpose and a collective desire to see all members of staff thrive.
The Information and Data Analyst will have responsibility for sourcing and organising data for their initiatives. As part of this role the successful candidate will be responsible for their new data management system for extracting data from the web and for the delivery of content to internal and external users for use in news articles, resources and upcoming data driven solutions. Their centralised information function provides their editorial team with key announcements and press released developments, which they use alongside their own contacts and leads to develop news and other content. The Analyst will also be expected to take on responsibility for existing and upcoming data projects.
They are looking for a versatile team-player who can demonstrate success in delivering data projects. You should be able to identify customers’ business needs, and work collaboratively with the team to translate that understanding into valuable information products. You should be innovative, technically-skilled, and able to fit in with a small but fast growing company.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- working with the Data Manager to manage new data sourcing technologies (including managing the tool, maintaining the content extraction agents and the procedure for screening the outputs from this)
- working with the Data Manager in the development of methods/platforms for disseminating sourced data internally and externally, especially as databases and data-driven solutions.
- ensuring the information sourcing process is well maintained and fit-for-purpose;
- daily searching, abstracting, and uploading relevant information to our information management system in a clear and accurate way;
- working with colleagues to provide them with new sources of data to suit growing and/or changing needs for data solutions;
- working/liaising with colleagues on specific projects to identify new data and uses of data, as necessary;
- keeping up with the latest technological developments in data sourcing and manipulation;
- reviewing existing processes with a view to advising this company on the application of new technology.
- the creation and maintenance of website, data solution and resource content (including their semantic fingerprinting solution for our new web platform).
In addition, you will:
- have some understanding of chemicals, product safety, risks and regulation and how this impacts organisations, or is intelligent, keen and able to learn about this complex agenda quickly;
- have well-developed research skills and the ability to spot gems of relevant information;
- be able to identify information relevant to the chemicals risk management agenda, and see value in it;
- be comfortable reading regulatory text and searching non-English websites for relevant information;
- be innovative, with awareness of users' needs;
- have strong IT skills and knowledge, especially relating to the sourcing, organisation and dissemination of information;
- show attention to detail, accurate, consistent in approach;
- be confident and able to work independently, as well as interact with the wider team;
- have good time management to handle multiple tasks and flexibility to take on a variety of tasks;
- and be scientifically minded, with at least a BSc. in Chemistry, Biology or other relevant scientific discipline.
- They will consider someone who is a recent graduate provided you have worked on data projects.
You will need to travel to London for a meeting once a month so need to be within a few hours commute (or work in their Bath or Shrewsbury office). For more information on this role, please apply with full CV today and please state what salary you are looking for.