This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful, global B2B publisher/business intelligence company with a global audience and client base. The role offers the opportunity to be part home based and part office based - they'll potentially look at someone who wants to be completely home based.
Our Client continues to enjoy strong global year-on-year growth and they run a highly successful global events programme. We have worked with this client for a number of years and they're one of our favourites!
They are looking for someone to join their busy, friendly events team - to manage their global events and manage a small team.
You will find our Client a stimulating place to work and progress your career.
The role purpose:
- Working closely with the Events Director, you will propose and deliver the annual conferences, expos, meetings and free webinar program, ensuring all aspects of the events come together to create an excellent delegate/sponsor experience, within budget.
- You will have overall operational responsibility for the conference team and day-to-day functionality of the conference and free webinar business.
- Business development for their conferences, building strategic partnerships and ensuring the department delivers towards the company's objectives.
- Responsible for the 'live' customer experience at physical, hybrid and online events.
- Conference strategy and programmes
- Annual conference and webinar programme development and proposals
- Conferences business development, linking to financial growth and company objectives
- Contributing to identifying and maximising opportunities to produce new content and position their events as a leader within the sector
- Managing conferences
- Business cases for new events and management of the approval process
- Creating, maintaining and updating conference budgets, gaining appropriate sign off
- Event planning and programme production, liaising with CW Editorial and DART teams
- Venue selection and negotiation, and contract management
- Stakeholder management; speakers, venues, sponsors, partners
- Speaker briefing and liaison
- Liaison with marketing - checking all campaign details
- Liaison with sales - checking and monitoring campaign details
- Liaison with events AV Manager concerning AV requirements and recordings
- Liaison with events admin team on all admin issues
- Attending and managing events on site including on-site staff
- Managing the conference team
- Line management of all staff and freelancers on the conferences team
- Mentoring and coaching the conferences team to meet objectives
- Team development and culture aligned with company values
- Introduction and delivery of strategic best practices and innovation across the events department in event delivery, increased quality and cost management
- Manage the 'meetings' facilities - both physical and online - to ensure they are being well used and appreciated by our customers
- Ensure a constant programme of webinars to support lead generation for conferences and the wider business, and to supplement revenue goals
- Ensure a strong stream of live conferences and webinars - and post event recorded content - is flowing into the Virtual Conference Venue of Professional Development membership
- Attendance at company meetings ... deputising for Events Director
- Contribute to strategic projects as part of the extended management team
- Supporting events KPI delivery and providing regular reporting of activity
This role is within a really interesting company that is expanding, and are very proud of their events and services. They're looking for a passionate events professional to join them. Please apply with full CV and state your salary requirements.