This is an exciting new role working in the Events Department of a company who put on international events (mostly conferences). The Event Operations Manager will be responsible and accountable for the operational delivery of Global conferences, both virtual and in person, providing support to the Event Manager with registration, travel, venue and supplier liaison - whether online or offline.
You'll be an integral part of ensuring the smooth delivery of these events and this is very much an operational/logistics and administrative planning role. There is some international travel with the role (once the events become live rather than virtual).
This role is full time, based near/with easy access Shrewsbury for 1-2 days office per week.
- Implementing operational excellence across event logistics and processes
- Attendee and sponsor management for in-person and virtual conferences within agreed budget and deadlines - from registration to post event communications.
Key duties and tasks:
Event Management Support
- Liaising with the Events Director and Deputy Head of Events to ensure event travel arrangements are within budget and delivered on time
- Procurement for travel and shipping arrangements; working closely with partners and suppliers within the events and travel sector to secure best options
- Liaising with conference speakers to arrange flights and ground transportation as required
- Support with sponsors and exhibitors; ensuring all sponsorship packages and agreements are fulfilled
Venue and Supplier Coordination
- Meticulous management of room blocks and hotel accommodation for staff, speakers and partners
- Creating and adhering to event timelines
- Supplier liaison and negotiation as required
- Liaising with the Events Director and Deputy Head of Events and joining venue calls and pre-con meetings where required to ensure the smooth operational running of events
- Supporting Events Managers and Production Managers as required with AV supplier management and briefing
Delegate Registration and Management
- Ownership of the event registration system pre and during the events and the process for delegate booking
- Ensuring delegates have access to all information ahead of their event attendance, sharing deadlines for room booking
- Up-selling opportunities to purchase additional training courses, room nights in addition to event places
Health and Safety
- Ensuring all events meet relevant H&S requirements, including being fully compliant with Covid restrictions as required
- Completing full risk assessments ahead of every event or ensuring Event Managers carry these out on site
- Providing on-site documentation including floorplans and briefing documents
The successful candidate will have a meticulous eye for project management and logistical detail, including adhering to international complexities within event management and strict budgetary requirements.
Knowledge and experience
- Knowledge and understanding of international event logistics
- Knowledge and understanding of the event planning process, creating and implementing SOPs within an events role
- Experience managing registration systems for event management
- At least 3-5 years working in similar a B2B international event operations environment; either corporate in-house or agency
- Experience of supporting conferences and expos for over 200 delegates
- Experience of keeping to event budgets as set by head of department
- Experience of virtual events and working with virtual event platforms would be beneficial but not essential
- Faultless organisational skills and eye for detail
- Customer focused with fantastic interpersonal skills - written and verbal
- Exceptional time and project management skills with the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Confident negotiation and cost controlling skills with a good understanding of the commercial event business
- Calm under pressure with the ability to effectively brief events staff and suppliers pre-event
This is a really interesting role within an even more interesting company, expanding fast, plenty of opportunities for the right person Apply today with your salary expectations (please mention on your cover note). Quick start available.