This is a really wonderful opportunity to join a friendly, collaborative will encompass excellent customer service with a passion for delivering the best possible experience.
My client is looking for a candidate who has a positive and proactive approach, a team player that strives for excellence in their work.
Full time, based near/with easy access to Shrewsbury for 1 day in the office per week
The Event Administrator will be responsible for all event registrations and delegate communications during the booking process. This includes managing the Events area on the website, ensuring all events are correctly uploaded ahead of time. Also there will be occasional support required with travel, venue management and supplier liaison for conferences when needed.
- Ownership of the event registration and delegate booking system pre and during events
- Being the first point of contact on the telephone, answering all delegate queries for the events team and/or directing them to the appropriate team member
- Responding to all online and email enquiries - monitoring, clearing and filing the main events inbox
- Management of the Events section on the main website. Using software systems to plan upcoming events and have them live for bookings when needed
- Upselling opportunities to purchase additional training courses and conference seats
- Generate repeat business from events by ensuring that delegates receive a first class, memorable service throughout their booking / delegate experience
- Support with liaising with conference speakers to arrange flights and ground transportation as required
- Support with venue and supplier coordination
- Communication skills to work effectively within our team
- Knowledge and understanding of all Microsoft Office Packages
- Strong IT skills - Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Occasional overseas travel opportunities
- Ideally a minimum of 12 months experience in an office / administrator role
- Bright, driven, personable and able to rise to the challenge!
This is a really lovely role for someone with some good admin experience, who can think on their feet and in return, you will receive a competitive salary, pension, bonus plus private health care and flexible working arrangements. The hours are Monday to Friday 9-5.
Please ensure you state your salary requirements on application.