This is an exciting brand new role in fast-growing, ambitious company with a global audience/client base.
As part their highly dynamic team, they offer:
- A competitive salary package & benefits in line with the location you will work from.
- Flexibility, work/life balance, a fast-paced and driven environment.
- A position with room to drive performance improvements, supported by clear objectives and a pursuit for overall excellence
- The opportunity to be part of a thoughtful business development strategy
- Accountability and innovation
- A flexible homeworking policy that fits your needs
You will work with the Events team at the Shrewsbury office and ideally be based near here however proximity to one of their other locations will also be considered: Bath/Bristol area, Toronto (Canada), Washington DC (US), or Brussels (Belgium).
What would be your responsibilities?
- Establish and deliver professional development strategy, with a focus on both in-person and virtual training, designed to meet and exceed customers’ needs, and to drive the professional development component of membership
- Create and deliver an annual training and eLearning programme that meets and exceeds budget
- Ensure the training and eLearning team is operating productively, aligned with strategic goals, working closely with the conference and exhibition team
Key duties and tasks:
Training and eLearning strategy and programmes
- Develop professional development strategy and design the annual training, eLearning and paid webinar programmes to deliver this
- Oversee training and eLearning business development, linked to financial growth and company objectives, working both with internal staff and partners in the sector
- Identify and maximise opportunities to produce new content and programmes, inclusive of bespoke training programmes and packages for our members and community, positioning company professional development as a leader within the sector
Managing training and e-learning
- Create and present business cases for new training and eLearning courses and programmes
- Create and maintain training and eLearning budgets
- Plan and produce the professional development programme, liaising with internal and external trainers
- Venue selection and negotiation, and contract management
- For specific courses:
- Trainer briefing and liaison
- Liaison with marketing and sales departments to ensure commercial success
- Overseeing materials required for training and eLearning
- Liaison with events AV Manager concerning AV requirements and recordings
- Liaison with events admin team on all admin issues
- Attending and managing training courses on site including on-site staff
Managing the training and eLearning team
- Line management of all staff and freelancers on the training and eLearning team
- Mentoring and coaching the training and eLearning team to meet objectives
- Team development and culture, aligned with company values
- Introduction and delivery of strategic best practices and innovation across the events department in training delivery, increased quality and cost management
- Manage the 'on-demand' experience of the virtual events venue within the professional development membership, to ensure content is available soon after any event, is of high quality and our users can quickly find and access what they need. Drive usage among our members
- Ensure a strong stream of live training and paid webinars is available to the virtual events venue of professional development membership
- Attendance at company meetings, deputising for the Head of Global Events and Professional Development
Who are you and what can you bring to the table?
The successful candidate will be driven to provide a best in class virtual and in-person professional development experience, deeply understanding the training needs of our customers and delivering a multi-platform programme for commercial success.
Knowledge and experience
- Knowledge and understanding of international professional development, across all formats
- Understanding of the critical role professional development plays in an organisation’s success, and the ability to communicate this with clients and potential partners
- Knowledge and understanding of the event planning process, creating and implementing SOPs within a training role
- At least 5 years working in similar a B2B international professional development environment
- Experience of running both small and large training courses, virtually, in-person and via eLearning
- Experience of keeping to budgets as set by head of department
- Experience of virtual training platforms is essential
- Strategic thinker and deliverer: ability to work with partners and colleagues to develop the professional development business
- Customer focused with fantastic interpersonal skills - written and verbal
- Exceptional time and project management skills with the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Confident negotiation and cost controlling skills with a good understanding of the commercial event business
- Faultless organisational skills and eye for detail
- Calm under pressure with the ability to effectively brief events staff and suppliers pre-event
- Willing to travel internationally for courses, if required (this would include unsociable hours including weekends)
If you think you fit the bill and would like to hear more then please apply with your full CV and please state your salary expectations.