An exciting opportunity for a technically minded professional to join a growing data and technical team of an international company.
You will work on innovative information, data and web platform projects, including working on the development of new products and features for customers.
This role would suit someone with a good, relevant degree plus a few years experience and be looking for a role in which to grow.
Office staff attend the office a minimum of 4 days a month (if full-time) and can work at home the rest of the time (or go to the office if preferred). Bath office is preferred but this role can be fully remote within the UK.
Benefits and package
Competitive salary, 25 days annual holiday, 9-5 (or 8-4) working hours, flexible remote working policy, private medical insurance, group life insurance, group income protection, strong corporate culture with passion for sustainable living and working.
The Platform and Data Analyst will be responsible for web platform projects as well as the sourcing and analysis of information and data to support the company’s initiatives.
This includes assisting with their data management system for extracting information from the web and delivering the outputs to internal and external users for use in news articles, resources and upcomingdata driven solutions.
As part of this role the successful candidate will support the back-end delivery of content to their new web platform and will help with the running of technical website projects. The Analyst will also be expected to take onresponsibility for running some existing and upcoming technology projects.
We are looking for a versatile team-player who can demonstrate success in delivering information, data and technology projects. They should be able to understand customers’ business needs, and work collaboratively with our team to translate that understanding into valuable products and features. You should be innovative, technically-skilled, and able to fit in with a small but fast paced team, within a dynamic global company.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- A core role in the projects developing Web Platform features and products (with the Product Owner/Product Manager), including: writing requirements ('User stories’ in JIRA) based on requirements from product managers and stakeholders
- liaising with developers
- testing features and conducting quality assurance prior to release/deployment to our customers
- Working on, and managing where appropriate, specific projects as assigned by the Information and Data Manager. This includes working with various internal stakeholders to draft project proposals and to participate in the implementation of these proposals. Projects may range from data collection and analysis to design and implementation of new tools for internal staff and external customers.
- Researching and investigating approaches to display written and data content, potentially with external parties (e.g. charts, tools etc.).
- Information and data gathering, including supporting our daily information search using our web scraping tool.
- Assisting with procedures for the semantic fingerprinting components of our website.
- Ensuring quality assurance, running and developing checking procedures.
- Information administration and technical tasks for the team.
- Assisting in troubleshooting issues with our technical systems.
- Working with the Information and Data Manager to solve customer technical queries in liaison with our support teams
- Collecting customer technical queries and analysing customer trends to improve customer experience and to support the data, analysis and research team. Working on resulting projects as assigned by the Information and Data Manager.
The successful candidate will:
- have technical project experience (ideally working with product owners and/or developers would be beneficial as would experience in Agile methodology);
- have some understanding of chemicals, product safety, risks and regulation and how this impacts organisations, or is keen and able to learn about this complex agenda quickly;
- be able to research, identify and evaluate new technologies or data tools which will be used to solve issues for the team and the customers;
- have data analytical skills and/or some experience with light coding, or the ability to quickly learn these skills;
- be an innovative problem solver, with awareness of users needs;
- have strong IT skills and knowledge, especially relating to the sourcing, organisation and dissemination of information and data;
- have demonstrated attention to detail and an accurate, consistent working approach through prior training or work experience;
- be confident and able to work independently, as well as interact with the wider team;
- have good time management to handle multiple tasks and flexibility to take on a variety of tasks; and be scientifically minded, with a BSc. in a relevant scientific or technical discipline.
When the pandemic situation permits, some travel to or within the UK for in person team and company meetings may be required.
This interesting role is with a growing, international company whose employees have a real passion for what they do. Monday to Friday 9-5 and they're flexible to location within the UK. Please state your salary expectations on application.