This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a fast growing company based in lovely offices in Shrewsbury.
This client is looking for an experienced events professional to take care of a growing portfolio of international business conferences, awards and training. There will be travel to Europe, US and and Asia.
They are looking for an individual with drive, enthusiasm and passion. In return, you will find this company a great place to work and develop your career.
This role will report into the Events Director and you'll deputise for the Events Director.
- Reporting to the Events Director and deputising for the Events Director
- Overall management of annual programme of international conferences
- Advance planning of programme - liaison with editorial and event managers to
ensure all dates are suitable
- Constant review of annual programme
- Overseeing the production of programmes by Event Managers ensuring that all conferences are produced on time and in line with schedules
- Producing approximately one third of the company annual conference programme (6-8 conferences a year)
- Setting up event budgets and monitoring budgets on a daily basis
- Working closely with the Events Director to identify topics for both existing events and new events
- Invitations and confirmation to speakers
- Working with marketing team on the production of marketing and sales collateral
- Liaison with Sales and Marketing on event promotion
- Selection of venue, negotiation and management of venue contract
- Booking and briefing on-site staff
- On-site management of event
- Working closely with AV/Multi-media team leading up to events
- Working on new series of Awards programmes
- Working on Leader Level events for Advance customers
- Project management experience
- Experience of the full life cycle of B2B conferences (not hotel events)
- Communication skills to work effectively within our team
- Previous experience in a similar role would be great
- Willing to travel overseas
- Bright, driven, personable and able to rise to the challenge!
This is a truly dynamic company and there is a real opportunity to be had. Competitive salary (more details upon application). Apply today with full salary expectations (don't forget to mention that!).