An exciting opportunity has come up for an enthusiastic individual to join a dynamic Bristol-based company within their conference production team. Receiving support from a knowledgeable team of inhouse market consultants and editors, the successful candidate will be working on existing and new conferences across Europe, the US and Asia. Along with generous benefits, flexible hybrid working options (full or part-time) and the opportunity for international travel, the position offers strong prospects for career growth.
· Primary and secondary research of markets and businesses through both personal and telephone interviews and desk research.
· Produce high-level programmes for both in-person and virtual events – issue call for papers and liaise with speakers, working in close collaborations with conference organisers.
· Build a network of key industry professionals, inviting them to speak at the event and to advise on latest industry trends.
· Project manage the event, in conjunction with the conference organiser, to ensure that key deadlines and targets are met.
· Produce the text/content for effective marketing campaigns that can be used for email, postal mailings, social media, online magazines, conference website etc.
· Work with designers and organisers to produce effective, industry relevant, brochures.
· Work with consultants and data entry team to build targeted mailing lists.
· International travel to attend national and international events, both company conferences and competitor events
· Opportunity to chair/moderate in-person and virtual events.
· Identify opportunities for new conferences and event models within and beyond the plastics sector.
· Assist in mentoring/coaching of new producers.
We are looking for someone with:
· A strong track record of generating successful B2B conference programmes and securing high-level speakers for both in-person and virtual events.
· Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi-task working on more than one project at a time and to tight deadlines.
· Good communication and telephone skills with excellent attention to detail.
· Fluent in English with additional languages desirable.
· A keen and inquisitive mind able to gather, analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative data to identify and forecast trends, strategies and competitive dynamics within the researched sector.
· Experience of working on events in a related market desirable – e.g. manufacturing, chemicals, oil & gas, materials, science, engineering, product design, automotive, medical or packaging.
This opportunity represents a great opportunity to join a friendly team within a progressive and dynamic company. The role could be full or part time and remote working considered provided you can work in the office (Bristol) one day per week.
Please apply with full salary expectations please!