This exciting role, available due to internal promotion, is to work remotely (UK only) for a leading global regulatory news service. They are looking for a journalist with substantial news reporting experience, including, ideally, experience of writing on one of the following areas: environmental issues, sustainable business initiatives, science, regulatory affairs or the chemicals industry. An investigative approach is essential.
With consumer power on the rise, and tougher regulatory standards across the world, the task of ensuring product safety has moved centre stage for businesses that manufacture, distribute and sell products of all kinds. The job of the business editor is to uncover how global brands are managing that challenge, investigate the impact of the latest regulatory developments on specific sectors and report on key trends such as the growing attention being paid by investors to the risks associated with the manufacture and use of hazardous chemicals.
Above all, the business editor is responsible for ensuring coverage continues to provide the best possible business insight for their readership, which includes leading product stewardship and compliance chiefs from the world’s largest companies. Capable of quickly grasping and reporting on the chemical compliance issues facing corporations in Europe, the US and Asia, the successful candidate will need to make rapid reporting decisions in the face of major breaking news, as well as monitoring a broad range of sources and working with writers across regional desks.
You will need:
- An impressive track record of writing off-diary news for high quality brands serving business and professional audiences
- A strong degree of self-reliance and excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to develop a good working knowledge of how chemicals are regulated
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Implement their business coverage strategy, ensuring they continue to provide their readership with the best possible insight
- Research and write weekly business news and occasional features to deadline and meeting all editorial standards
- Attend occasional conferences (in person when restrictions are lifted) and contribute to podcasts, webinars etc
- Build a strong network of contacts within key global corporations
This ambitious, growing and collaborative company company offers 25 days holiday, company pension plus hours are 9-5 - please apply with your salary expectations, cover letter plus examples of up your work.