Are you an articulate, ambitious and driven Sales Development Executive looking for a new challenge in a successful, growing company with a truly global client base? Then this could be the role for you, so read on!
This company is a UK-based, global B2B digital publisher. They also run a successful global events and professional networking programme, as well as providing a wide range of training and eLearning service offerings. The company continues to enjoy strong global year-on-year growth and has a strong shared sense of purpose, fuelled by expert and motivated staff who want to make a difference with their work.
The Sales team has continued to expand with the success of the business, and is now seeking an individual with drive, enthusiasm and passion to be a key contributor to the successful delivery of an ambitious new business revenue target.
The BDM role is a newly created, customer-facing position that will focus on new sales of the company’s subscription products and professional services to global companies, across a wide range of industry sectors. You do not need experience within their industry, as full training will be given, but an inquisitive mind coupled with the following background is what they are looking for:
- A broad range of commercial experience, and a proven track record of developing a strong new business sales pipeline from first contact to final sale is essential (specific experience within a Subscription Sales business an advantage)
- Demonstrable track record of meeting and exceeding on personal sales performance against targets; with particular strength in new business/hunter-focussed activity
- Excellent relationship-management and development skills; with proven ability of working with senior and mid-level decision making units.
- High levels of professionalism and personal drive, and the ability to work independently (remotely) and to deadlines; managing multiple tasks and driving towards sales targets
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Team player, willing to contribute and engage in a developing work environment
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in sales
- Selling Membership subscriptions to a professional online service, sponsorship & exhibition packages, online advertising campaign work, eLearning and training packages.
- Working closely with the Business Development team to develop and convert a high volume and effective pipeline of qualified prospects and new business development opportunities.
- Delivery on all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including but not limited to; contributing to the team’s execution of the new business sales plan, and meeting or exceeding personal monthly average client meeting, proposal and new business sales targets.
- Leading with a consultative-style sales approach, to surface the relevant business needs of clients
- Managing the complete sales, negotiation, and client closing process, including transition to Customer Success team.
- Developing a deep knowledge of client’s products and services, along with Industry/Sector/Regulatory- specific issues to align and articulate the value proposition with customer needs.
- Occasional travel may be required (UK and international) to attend events.
A quick start possible and the salary for this position is competitive, with a genuinely healthy commission opportunity on top for a strong performer. For more information on this dynamic company and a role that you can really make an impact in, apply today.