Looking for a new start in the new year with a great company? Read on! This is a brilliant chance to join a successful creative company within their E-commerce team for a 9 month minimum contract.
About the role:
You will help deliver website designs and online user experiences which are focused on converting browsers to buyers and utilise current web best practice across desktop, tablets, phablets and mobile devices. You will manage and upload web content across the clients online channels, including the clients e-commerce websites and social platforms. Product ad-hoc assets and designs within quick turnaround times, working closely with the graphic / brand design team to keep the site on brand.
You will be the authority on web best practice and suggest user experience (UX) design changes where appropriate, backed up with designs and wireframes if necessary.
You will participate where required in website development work, liaising with the clients web development agency to complete development projects from a web design point of view.
You will use front-end development skills to create prototypes to present to other members of the team and hand over to the development team using technologies such as HTML, CSS and jQuery.
- High class graduate of web design or development (specialism in online)
OR previous experience in a web design role in online retail or varied agency background
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to present ideas at senior level in an easy to understand way
- Thorough understanding of how transactional e-commerce websites function
- Thorough understanding of Responsive Web Design principles and ability to design with RWD in mind
- Finger on the pulse of most current and relevant developments in web design, and in particular an eye on the best practice in the area of design for e-commerce
- An evangelical passion for the web and for web design
- Creative flair and full of ideas for how to utilise web design to create remarkable customer experiences
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with other people in different teams and recognise the talents of others in achieving goals
- Detail oriented, with good written and verbal communication skills
- Calm under pressure with ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Drive and ambition
- Excellent general IT skills
- Fully competent in HTML5, CSS2, CSS3, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver / similar programming editor, Wordpress CMS, RWD (Responsive Web Design)
If you think you fit the bill then please apply ASAP as the client is looking for someone to start in January (or as soon as!)