This is a really great opportunity for someone who ideally understands media sales (if not you'll have a strong and steady background in consultative sales) and loves sport or fitness to join an award winning media company - plenty of scope to grow your career, great training and benefits including 27 days holiday per year to start.
This is a role to sell cross-platform creative solutions directly to brands associated with the industry, along with their agencies. Your focus will primarily be with developing revenues from clients, but you will from time to time find yourself pitching your ideas to traditional media or PR agencies.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to sell across a variety of media solutions, combining your creative flair, your understanding of client needs with the power of the clients' portfolio brands to create high quality marketing solutions within a results-based advertising sales department (selling across display, digital, social, video and more.)
- Source, open and close leads as directed by the head of partnerships
- Develop and maintain an on-going territory of existing and potential new clients
- Create go to market plans to maximise revenue at all times
- Prospecting new clients and build appropriate and high quality and long-term relationships
- Achieve sales targets and quota monthly / quarterly / annually as directed
- Accurately manage a weekly, monthly and quarterly pipeline and report to Head of Partnerships
- Close business in a profitable and consistent manner
- New business responsibilities to include:
- Develop a good knowledge of the market and relevant complimentary brands
- Develop strong understanding of the clients' Portfolio and competition media and use this insight to construct pitches
- Identify and develop new commercial opportunities across the portfolio from all relevant sources
- Attend relevant trade and consumer shows and feedback intelligence to wider team
- ‘Own’ the market sectors allocated to you and drive new revenue areas within the cycling portfolio
- Present client's partnership offerings to clients, media buying agencies, digital, PR and social agencies for both core and non-core advertisers
You will also have a responsibility to:
- Work with insight to develop brand decks which should outline the USP of the brand/product, demographics, regular sales products/features and reach (including social).
- Collaborate with Head of partnerships to help develop commercial opportunities across the portfolio and provide a commercial perspective on the market.
- Feedback of all relevant market intelligence to team and business as agreed
- You will be a confident and articulate sales person with a possible interest in the fitness/leisure market, equally comfortable with phone sales and face to face meetings, you have a real drive for results and can be counted on to exceed goals and targets successfully; consistently pushing yourself to achieve goals and plans.
- Exhibit a highly consultative approach, confident communicating with internal and external clients
- Self-motivated and driven within an autonomous role
- Able to identify, target and develop new business leads
- Take initiative, effectively managing a varied workload and prioritising tasks
- A keen appetite to pro-actively chase and win new business
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Customer focused - dedicated to meeting expectations; acting with the customer in mind; establishing great relationships; and gain trust and respect.
- Action orientated - Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- The skill to balance short term revenue pressures with the need to build long term high value campaigns for clients
- Print or digital ad sales experience is desired but not essential – we are looking for high quality sales skills delivered in a complex and stakeholder driven environment
- Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills as well as keen attention to detail; delivered in particular face to face settings
- Strong new business skills and tenacious approach to business growth
- A strong team player with a proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales revenues in conjunction with others
- Ability to apply all the latest applicable research and data within the sales process
- Good communication, written and oral, high quality administration and business skills
- A proven creative approach to the meeting of client needs in a variety of settings
- An ability to close business in a constructive and professional manner
Salary is to c£28k basic plus excellent uncapped commission. Apply today to speak to Lucy - a specialist recruiter with a background working in media sales!