My client is an online publisher with a global audience- they're rapidly expanding and going through an extremely exciting time and they have a brand new role as an Information Manager.
They need a versatile team-player who can demonstrate success in delivering information projects. You should be able to identify customers’ business needs, and work collaboratively with their teams to translate that understanding into valuable information products.
The company have a strong shared sense of purpose, fuelled by motivated staff who want to make a difference with their work.
They are constantly exploring new ways to bring ‘must-have’ information to their readers and this is where you can help.
- the development of tools to disseminate sourced information internally and externally, such as databases;
- the creation of resource content, based on sourced information;
- keeping up with the latest technological developments in information sourcing;
- working with systems managers and external consultants to review existing processes with a view introducing machine learning technology
- working with colleagues to provide them with new sources of information to suit growing and/or changing needs; and
- liaising with colleagues on specific projects to identify new information sources, as necessary
In addition, you will:
- manage and maintain the existing information sourcing system (which is based on an automatic tool for tracking and mining data from web pages, bookmarks, and incoming press releases); and
- conduct daily search, abstraction and uploading of relevant information to a spreadsheet in a clear and accurate way.
The skills you will need to demonstrate include:
- strong IT skills and knowledge, especially relating to the latest techniques for sourcing, organising and disseminating information;
- confidence, and an ability to lead projects;
- attention to detail, accurate;
- with an eye for detail, able to work accurately, and independently, as well as interact with the wider team when necessary;
- well-developed research skills and the ability to spot gems of relevant information;
- ability to search non-English websites for relevant information;
- good time management to handle multiple tasks; and
- flexibility to take on a variety of tasks.