My client is an award winning media company who have an excellent reputation in their market. They have a massive opportunity for someone with a relevant background as they are investing heavily in one of their brands and plan a major web re-design and relaunch in the late Spring / Summer next year.
There is already a FB community of over 200,000 followers and a healthy website. They want to develop their Insta profile but also drive traffic to the new website. The successful candidate will have a central role in building the new site and will need to work closely with the Editor.
- Managing the brand website- this includes:
- Populating the websites with new content
- Planning the content day to day by working closely with the Editor, but also working independently and creatively
- Employing Yoast and other SEO plugins/platforms to maximise traffic to their content
- Discussing the site's future content plan with the Editor/Digital Manager to ensure brand cohesion and uniformity
- Keeping on track of site growth via Google Analytics, Alexa and other traffic monitoring sites.
- Being aware of the current goings-on in the industry and effectively reporting on it via the news section of the website
- Making sure all current promotions and subscription offers are pushed
- Taking on responsibility for newsletters/e-blasts (checking e-blast calendar regularly)
Managing the brand's social media
Pushing and promoting both the currently on-sale magazine and website content via Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest and developing additional social media platforms.
- Keeping on top of Facebook engagement levels when compared to rivals
- Planning which content to promote day to day by studying the engagement habits of previous posts
- Establishing a post-frequency which guarantees maximum new-like growth
- Creating and running competitions in line with Facebook/Twitter's established rules
- Construct a programme of boosting to encourage organic growth
Experience using WordPress is essential, and flexibility and the ability to handle multiple-workloads is a must. Communication, an eye for detail and reporting is vital and a keen interest in the relevant industry is significantly preferable. Basic knowledge of both InDesign and Photoshop is also desirable.
The salary for this role is c£25k (please still apply if you are looking for a little bit more - there may be negotiation for someone with a particularly good match for their requirements). Hours are 9-5 and great benefits are also offered at this award winning company.