This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who is bright, confident and has the potential to progress all the way up within the sales department of a large dynamic media company. The company is a great one to work for, the role will progress, the benefits are generous (27 days holiday! ++++ much more) and this is very much the start of a career and not just any old job.
- helping with forecasting targets and creating sales plans
- monitoring competitor titles
- liaising with the finance department
- liaising with production department
- keeping all admin up to date
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent interpersonal skills to persuade negotiate and establish good working relationships with colleagues and clients/agencies.
- Excellent communication skills over the telephone.
- Ability to contribute to a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Basic IT skills.
- Ideally experience of basic administration in an office environment.
- Ideally (not essential to already know but the ability to learn) a basic understanding and interest in wider media issues and a sound understanding of the magazine marketplace.
- Ideally experience in selling in a competitive consumer environment.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent