An exciting opportunity for a semi-experienced analyst to join a successful, global B2B publisher. The role offers the possibility to work remotely from home; UK candidates have the option to be office-based in our UK offices (Shrewsbury or Bath) or remote work.Details
This company is the leading global provider of independent intelligence and insight in the Chemicals industry.
My client has been informing businesses, regulators, service providers and NGOs with essential compliance intelligence and perspectives for over 12 years through a journalistic approach that is timely, in-depth, impartial, easy to understand and trustworthy.
This company are looking for an individual with drive, enthusiasm and passion.
The Regulatory and Compliance analyst is a newly created role that will focus on providing knowledge and information through the clients' new high-value range of subscription products and services to global companies, across a wide range of industry sectors. The analyst will develop regulatory and compliance expertise, create and manage content to assist companies with solving their strategic compliance and sustainability needs.
The analyst will serve as internal as well as external issues by combining knowledge and understanding of regulatory, scientific and technology as applied to the specific industry sector. The analyst will have a regional focus while maintaining a global view of the compliance and sustainability strategy. This role will involve some travel to customer’s sites as well as global conferences. This role will report to the Chief Analyst.
A successful candidate must possess the following requirements:
- Strong regulatory research and analytical skills as demonstrated by prior experience (regulatory research or compliance) or training (degree in public policy or legal such as J.D., LLB or equivalent)
- Ability to understand and analyse scientific and technological literature
- Public speaking ability in small meetings and large audience.
- Proven critical thinking regarding information and process
- Passion to learn new information and to train internal staff and external customers on new ideas, issues and processes
While not mandatory, a successful candidate might also possess one or more of the following:
- Experience in the chemical and chemical product industry preferred
- Experience in regulatory compliance/ regulatory affairs preferred
- Covering asian market so you need to speak either Japanese/Chinese or Korean
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Research and analysis of global regulatory, scientific and technological developments concerning chemical and chemical products
- Create high value contents to provide intelligence and insights to the customers
- Meet with customers to discuss compliance issues and understand the customers’ needs
- Analyse global legislation and create high value content based on the legislation (reports, guides, infographics, case studies)
- Write features, research papers to tackle a particular issue (chemistry, law, business, technology) which might impact the industry
- Assist the content & resource manager to identify sources and build the knowledge management center
- Serve as the company expert (speaker, moderators, etc.) at internal and external conferences, webinars, training courses
- Provide research for Editorial's team as required
- Create training materials and/or identifying speakers/ issues pertinent to the industry
- Conduct training courses based on subject matter expertise
- Assist in training and management of interns and knowledge transfer to other junior members of the team
- Assist sales and marketing team with technical expertise
- Work collaboratively to support key internal stakeholders (Chief Analyst, Marketing/Sales, Chief Customer Officer/Editorial/Events), to deliver the shared team objectives, and to optimise the company’s overall success.
The company is expanding and ambitious as well as a great place to work. Competitive salary but please state what salary you're looking for on your cover note! More info on application.