This is a great opportunity to join an ambitious, growing company as a writer/analyst. My client is looking for an individual with drive, enthusiasm and passion. In return, you would find this company a stimulating place to work, with a palpable sense of purpose and a collective desire to see all members of staff thrive.
You will be keeping track of environmental policy developments while interviewing CEO's and other business leaders from the environmental sector, and ensuring that their market data is accurate and up to date.
The clients' business model means they need to know what companies in the environmental sector are up to in some detail. They profile firms and quantify the markets in which they operate in market research reports. This role sits at the coalface of this work, seeking and curating business intelligence for their clients.
You will be interviewing business leaders in the sector and understanding their project/client challenges, strategic challenges and information needs. You will need a flair for investigative research, as well as confident communication skills to encourage companies to share information about their performance.
Your numeracy, analytical skills and command of written English will be strong, as you update corporate profiles and reports, and write news and features for publication in our market intelligence services. And you will need to be comfortable working across multiple projects, delivering to deadlines ranging from weekly news to annual research publications. The work is fast-paced and you will need to be accurate and thoughtful under pressure.
You will be engaged in specific research report projects for their annual report series and other ad-hoc features and insight reports, utilising your research, analytical and presentation skills.
You will also have the opportunity to represent the company at industry events and in client-facing meetings/interviews.
Experience and education
- A good degree in an analytical subject and preferably a business-related masters degree
- 3-5 years' demonstrable experience in either business journalism, market analysis or at a professional services firm
- Direct experience of the environmental / sustainability marketplace an advantage
Key skills required/ desired
- Strong communication skills - both internally and with clients. Confident use of phone and face-face meetings
- Experience interviewing senior business leaders, networking at meetings, circulating in professional circles
- Excellent written English and numeracy
- Good presentation skills for webinars and meetings
- Strong organisational skills and time management
- Data analysis skills using Excel an advantage
- Competent user of MS Office (especially Word & Excel), Internet research tools, Gmail/Google Drive, content management systems
- Foreign language skills an advantage
- Undertake research and analysis using your own initiative
- Build relationships with senior industry contacts
- Write news, analytical articles and reports to tight deadlines
- Present research findings in webinars and at live events
- Support membership acquisition work in collaboration with business development manager
For more info on this exciting role please apply today stating your salary expectations. This role is full time ideally but they will consider part time for the right candidate.