This is such a great opportunity for someone to join a successful company with a great culture, within a brand new role. You really would have the chance to make a significant impact.
This company is looking for an Exhibition Sales Manager to lead the exhibition sales team. In addition to managing a team, the sales manager will be challenged with developing targeted key account relationships and driving revenue growth with those accounts, specifically with sponsorship revenues.
The exhibitions team are responsible for selling stands and sponsorship for fast-growing exhibitions in Europe and America.
This is new position and will suit a self-starter looking to create a high performing sales team. The candidate will have strong sales process skills, proven management capabilities and a track record of demonstrable sales growth.
To be considered you will already have exhibition sales experience as well as experience of managing a team.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Lead, motivate and develop the expo sales team to deliver consistent high performance and maximum revenue
- Ensure sales targets (personal, team and product) are met and exceeded
- Coach and mentor the sales team as required
- Develop and implement effective commission structures to ensure high levels of staff motivation and performance, plus retention of high achievers
- Ensure that the sales team use CRM effectively to record and plan their activities
- Set and monitor telephone call-rate targets
- Manage the rebook process at our events to maximise on-site sales
- Work with the marketing team to ensure we develop comprehensive target lists and deliver effective exprom campaigns
- Work alongside the finance team on forecasting revenues for events and provide on-going feedback on potential risks to budget projections
- Manage and allocate sales resources to maximise profitability of the expo business - who sells what and when
- Develop and deliver sales propositions and proposals, covering a growing range of global industry events
- Liaise with the operations team to ensure the smooth running of the exhibition during build-up, open days and breakdown
- Communicate with marketing and publishing teams to ensure that clients benefit from additional opportunities
- Liaise with production to ensure the smooth correlation of exhibitor contracts to floor plan
- Keep abreast of market developments, identifying and researching new growth areas for sales
- Attend industry functions and relevant exhibitions to increase sales and gain industry insights
- Conduct competitor analysis when required and maintain a good working knowledge of the market place, trends, opportunities and pricing
- Proven leadership skills, able to motivate and lead a team, with a real focus on delivering results and constantly driving improvements
- Proven sales skills with a track record of growing revenues, ideally in B2B exhibitions
- Commercially focused with proven experience in managing and delivering budgets
- Solid negotiation, time management and organisational skills
- Understanding of KPI’s call metrics and delivering profitable accounts
- Self-motivator, a keen eye for detail and an assertive, confident approach
- Personable and approachable with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- IT literate - Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) Internet and Social Media.
This really is a great company - for the right person they'll pay up to £50k plus OTE. For more information please apply today.