This company provide global business community with the news, information and perspectives it needs to strive for the safe production, distribution and use of chemicals. They provide a 360-degree view of this agenda, impartially reporting on the actions and opinions of stakeholders in our community. The company has a strong shared sense of purpose, fuelled by highly educated and motivated staff who want to make a difference with their work.
They are mostly UK based, and they continue to enjoy strong year-on-year growth. They are looking for an individual with drive, enthusiasm and passion. In return, you will find this company a stimulating place to work and progress your career.
The North America reporter will join their North America newsdesk, which together with news desks for Europe, Asia, Emerging Markets, Science and Business, makes up their global news operation. Reporting to the DC-based North America desk editor, the successful candidate’s key focus will be US and Canadian chemicals management policy at federal and state level, as well as voluntary business programmes.
Maintaining this company’s reputation for informative, accurate, well crafted and timely content, the successful candidate will frequently attend press conferences, workshops and other events in DC and occasionally elsewhere in the region. They will also attend corporate events in the UK twice a year.
News researching and writing is the primary task, but others include feature writing and developing content with our analyst and events teams.
- is a mature, organised and highly motivated journalist or policy writer, ideally with experience of covering regulatory compliance issues for a business audience;
- has experience of writing about chemicals management policy and regulation, especially TSCA – - or can demonstrate the ability to rapidly acquire thorough understanding of these topics;
- understands the legislative process in the US and Canada;
- has keen sense and good knowledge of the wider political scene in the US and Canada, and the priorities for different sectors, political actors, NGOs and academia;
- produces to deadline succinct, accurate, well written and impartial articles that are centred on business critical information;
- is a productive and reliable homeworker who is a diligent and effective communicator with colleagues;
- can travel to conferences and other events in North America and occasionally overseas;
- Comfortable with moderating or speaking at Chemical Watch conferences or webinars.
Duties & responsibilities
- Researching and writing news and features
- Attending press conferences and other events in DC on a regular basis, and international events elsewhere as required, plus one or two company meetings in the UK each year.
- Establishing excellent contacts in key organisations
- Deputising for the desk editor as needed
Send your application, including a resume, cuttings and a letter saying why you want the job to Lucy Foster at email@example.com
This company offers a contribution towards premiums of an individual health insurance policy and a tax-deferred retirement savings plan (401 K or similar), matching employee contributions up to 6% of salary. US-based employees are entitled to 22 annual vacation days plus 11 paid US Federal National Holidays.