This is an exciting opportunity for a technically minded information professional to join a really friendly office of a growing company. You will work on innovative information, data and technology projects, including the development of new information and data products for their customers.
The company continues to enjoy strong year-on-year growth, and they have employees in the UK but also elsewhere in Europe and in the US. They are looking for an individual with drive, enthusiasm and passion. In return, you will find this company a stimulating place to work, with a palpable sense of purpose and a collective desire to see all members of staff thrive.
The Information and Data Analyst will be responsible for the sourcing and analysis of information and data to support their initiatives. This includes assisting with their data management system for extracting information from the web and delivering the outputs to internal and external users for use in news articles, resources and upcoming data driven solutions. As part of this role the successful candidate will support the back-end delivery of content to their new web platform and will help with the running of technical website projects. The Analyst will also be expected to take on responsibility for running some existing and upcoming information and technology projects.
They are looking for a versatile team-player who can demonstrate success in delivering information, data and technology projects. They should be able to understand customers’ business needs, and work collaboratively with their team to translate that understanding into valuable information products. You should be innovative, technically-skilled, and able to fit in with a small but fast growing company.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working on, and managing where appropriate, specific projects as assigned by the Information and Data Manager. This includes working with various internal stakeholders to draft project proposals and to participate in the implementation of these proposals. Projects may range from data collection and analysis to design and implementation of new tools for internal staff and external customers.
- Researching and investigating approaches to display written and data content, potentially with external parties (e.g. charts, tools etc.).
- Information and data gathering, including supporting daily information search using their web scraping tool.
- Assisting on development projects for their website (with the Information and Data Manager), including liaising with developers and testing features before and after release.
- Assisting with procedures for the semantic fingerprinting components of their website.
- Ensuring quality assurance, running and developing checking procedures.
- Information administration and technical tasks for the team.
- Assisting in troubleshooting issues with our technical systems.
- Working with the Information and Data Manager to solve customer technical queries in liaison with their support teams.
- Collecting customer technical queries and analysing customer trends to improve customer experience and to support the data, analysis and research team. Working on resulting projects as assigned by the Information and Data Manager.
- For the right candidate we envisage this role will also include using your data and numerical skills to monitor and present trends, as well as writing/talking about them more broadly. This may include developing risk indices and ratings for our customers based on the data they are generating.
The successful candidate will:
- have some understanding of chemicals, product safety, risks and regulation and how this impacts organisations, or is keen and able to learn about this complex agenda quickly;
- be able to research, identify and evaluate new technologies or data tools which will be used to solve issues for the team and the customers;
- have data analytical skills and/or some experience with light coding, or the ability to quickly learn these skills;
- be an innovative problem solver, with awareness of users' needs;
- have strong IT skills and knowledge, especially relating to the sourcing, organisation and dissemination of information and data;
- have demonstrated attention to detail and an accurate, consistent working approach through prior training or work experience;
- be confident and able to work independently, as well as interact with the wider CWR team;
- have good time management to handle multiple tasks and flexibility to take on a variety of tasks;
- and be scientifically minded, with a BSc. in a relevant scientific or technical discipline.
This role will be based at their office in Bath, with some travelling to London for in person meetings as required (inline with company policy, when the pandemic situation permits). Do mention your salary requirement on application.