This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, proactive systems developer to join a successful, growing company based in Shrewsbury.
This company enjoy strong year-on-year growth and this role is to help them develop a new product to continue this growth going forward. They are looking for experienced individuals with drive, enthusiasm and passion. In return, you will find this company a stimulating place to work and progress your career.
You will take responsibility for managing their systems development programme; improving their existing systems and processes, and recommending/developing new platforms in support of continued growth and new product innovations.
You will work closely with a variety of stakeholders across the business, including senior management, the Information Manager, the Customer/Performance Data Manager, and with external development partners. You will be equally comfortable producing innovative technical solutions to a high standard, on your own.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years’ experience in a similar systems developer role.
You will have plenty of experience specifying varied systems development projects, and managing these projects through to a successful conclusion within agreed timescales.
You will be proactive and motivated - able to work well under your own initiative, keen to stay on top of the latest technologies and quick to acquire new skills where necessary.
You will be a good communicator - able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people from novice users to technical experts
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Support and maintenance of in-house systems and products
- Design and development of in-house systems and integration with current and future bespoke and OTS (off the shelf) systems and technologies
- Developing high quality technical project specifications, plans and documentation, working with project leads to exactly define requirements
- Managing relationships with external developers and technical partners
- Technical project management
- Providing guidance and advice to members of the Management Team regarding technical aspects of the business
- Database design, creation and administration
- Working with internal stakeholders to ensure data integrity in company systems
- Maintaining security controls relevant to company systems and databases
- Development and support of in-house reporting and collaboration systems
- Adhering to appropriate policies, procedures and standards. Helping to develop these where appropriate. Adhering to best practice in all aspects of the job
- Testing/QA - identifying and fixing system issues (including newer data solutions products)
- Acting as primary point of contact for technical queries and ensuring these are actioned as appropriate
Existing platforms/systems you will take responsibility for include:
- Our proprietary CMS (working with an external development partner)
- Salesforce (CRM)
- Campaign Monitor (EMS)
- Ultracart payment processing system
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Google Analytics/Data Studio
- Several proprietary datasets (Google Sheets and Excel)
- Learning Management System (LMS)
- Android/IOS app development (external)
- Editorial information management systems
- Proprietary data solutions & workflow tools
- Third party integrations
This role is available immediately and they have offered a salary of c£30k (worth applying if you're looking for a salary not far off this). Hours are Mon-Fri 9-5. Apply for more details!