This is a great role in an dynamic international company who have a number of offices across the UK and overseas. Their Edinburgh is a thriving, active office with a plethora of projects around the world. They're at the cutting edge at what they do but they remain a non-corporate company who have collaborative friendly teams at their core.
Their Finance team play a critical role in the successful commercial delivery of all of those projects. Due to the success of their projects and many more planned they have a new opportunity for a finance assistant to join their close-knit and supportive finance team.
The role will of course be varied but typical responsibilities will include:
• Answer questions and provide assistance to stakeholders and clients as needed
• Production of invoicing for complex projects
• Monitoring invoicing levels and following up with engineering groups
• Project related housekeeping tasks within the finance system, Agresso
• Responsible for issuing and checking Work In Progress balances
• Various reconciliations
• Additional duties will include preparing journals for posting, assisting in analysis of overheads.
• Support to other regional teams when required
• Adhere to the company's financial policies and procedures
• Other ad-hoc tasks to support the Edinburgh Office and wider function
Although this is a foundation role, we would hope that you could demonstrate:
• Good computer and IT skills including Word and Excel
• Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload
• Good communication skills
• Experience of supporting a team of people as well as working on a one to one basis.
• Ability to understand the nature of the work the team carries out, and interact with other team members in the delivery of their work.
• High level of accuracy
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Excellent organisational skills
Desirable skills (non-essential)
• Prior experience of the Agresso finance software would be an advantage, but not essential
• Prior experience of a project focussed organisation would be an advantage, but not essential
• Prior experience of Deltek Vision would be an advantage, but not essential
This role requires someone to work 30 hours per week and they are entirely flexible as to whether this is worked over 4 days or 5 shorter days. Great company, role, pension and progression so if you have relevant experience then please apply today for more information! Salary is £17/8k (£22.5 pro rata).