To £20k pro rata Published: 06/02/2018
My client is looking for a Digital Assistant/Editor to join them to work on a successful brand/portfolio of titles. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the brand’s social media pages and website, helping to grow and develop the brand, searching out new streams of traffic and working with the advertising team to increase the commercial success of this brands' digital offerings.
The role is part time (2.5 days a week).
What they are looking for…
- Results driven individual
- Demonstrable experience of building digital properties
- Knowledge of developing and growing social media platforms, plus managing WordPress sites
- Understanding of SEO best practice principles
- Organised individual with a strong ability to prioritise and organise their workload
- Video creation and editing experience desirable but not essential
- Populating the brands' website with new content
- Planning the content day-to-day by working closely with the Editor, but also working independently and creatively
- Employing Yoast and other SEO plugins/platforms to maximise traffic to said content
- Discussing the site’s future content plan with the Editor/Group Digital Editor to ensure brand cohesion and uniformity
- Keeping track of site growth via Google Analytics, Ahrefs, Alexa and other traffic monitoring sites.
- Being aware of the current goings-on in the industry and effectively reporting on it via the news section of the website
- Making sure all current promotions and subscription offers are promoted
- Organising and running weekly competitions to grow our newsletter database/social engagement
- Creating weekly newsletters to promote new content on the website
- Working on client advertising packages with the advertising team
- Helping to promote brand events
The role comes with great benefits including generous holiday allowance/pension contributions as well as an annual bonus (based on company profit) and private health care. Pro rata salary to £20k to start.