My client are an expanding and award winning publisher and they are looking to recruit a full-time Operations Editor for 2018.
The role will require a dedicated individual who has a detailed understanding of music making and music technology. The Operations Editor will be responsible for ensuring commissioned content arrives in a timely fashion, subbing, processing and preparing copy for the Editor.
Also the role will be required to manage the financial administration of their brands' magazine and website.
Reporting to the Editor, the role will be a full-time position based in their Bath office.
Crucial aspects of the job role will be:
- Assisting the editor with developing content strategies for the brand for the year
- Assisting the editor with planning and commissioning magazine content
- Assisting the editor with planning and commissioning digital content
- Chasing writers for outstanding copy/additional copy for both magazine and website
- Working with Art Editor on content layouts and image selection
- Editorial budget administration – managing contributor costs including, invoicing, rate negotiations etc
- Subbing submitted copy and ensuring it conforms to their brands' design spec, and where necessary re-shaping and re-writing content
- Subbing copy for website and ensuring it conforms to SEO best practice
- Taking control of XMF upload and mag-send when required
- Taking control of Google Drive mag-planning documentation (flat plan, running order) and updating as necessary
- Reporting to editor on magazine status and website content status