This is a great opportunity to join a small but growing publisher, based in beautiful Bath, to work as a media sales executive.
They are looking for a real self-starter with some sales/account management/fundraising experience to join their small friendly team. They want someone who will, in time, instinctively know what needs to be done and when and who will fully understand, once trained, what it takes to fully maximise all commercial opportunities of a magazine/brand.
You don't necessarily have to have media sales experience to apply (always helps though!) but you do need to be a smart, savvy individual who is target driven and can sell in a consultative manner.
The role will be to sell on an established brand and be both print, digital and an annual exhibition.
The role involves:
- selling to existing and new advertisers over the phone and via email – you need to be comfortable selling to both new and existing advertisers
- creatively thinking: maximising all commercial opportunities both in print and digital sales
- mostly office based but this is likely to lead to client visits in time
- attending exhibitions so you’ll need to be comfortable liaising with clients face-to-face
- working to deadlines and KPI’s
It’s not all hard work but they’ve got a tight team who have fun too so whilst there may be a steep learning curve to someone new to media, you should enjoy doing it!
You will need to have a successful background in sales (or a minimum of customer service where you’ve been targeted on up-selling), a stable work history, and be someone who is really keen to get stuck in and kick start a career in media sales! Salary up to a maximum of £23/4k plus OTE.