This is a great opportunity to join an award winning company, working on leading magazine titles. Joining a strong, friendly team of like minded colleagues, you will have a basic of up to £18k and and OTE of around 25% on top as well as really fantastic benefits and 27 days holiday. If you are a graduate (or grad quality) and want to work for a leading media organisation in a sales capacity, with huge potential to progress then read on!
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To canvass repeat and new clients by telephone, selling the benefits of using the classified section in order to fill allocated pagination.
- To maintain existing client base by making regular client courtesy calls.
- To create a sales plan enabling the executive to make accurate forecasts from your ‘patch’ of advertising clients.
- To meet and exceed team revenue targets.
- To create and maintain client database with up-to-date information on conversations and booking details.
- To tailor and send out media pack information to clients/agencies.
- To make full use of research data and use IMS runs where applicable to tailor sales pitches.
- To monitor competitor titles for potential advertisers and to call them.
- To liaise with the finance department, where necessary, to ensure clients with debts are not continuing to advertise.
- To liaise with the production department to ensure that all advertisements are correctly positioned and accounted for.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent interpersonal skills to persuade negotiate and establish good working relationships with colleagues and clients/agencies.
- Excellent communication skills over the telephone.
- Ability to contribute to a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Basic IT skills.
- Ideally experience of basic administration in an office environment.
- Some sales experience or fundraising experience is essential
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
If you're interested in hearing more then please apply today!