We are currently recruiting for a Customer Service Representative to work in the printing department of a multinational organisation.
Based south of Bath, this is a permanent role working full time Monday – Friday.
The role is very specialist, and requires extensive experience within a printing environment. Interested candidates should be suitably experienced Customer Service professionals with experience in the following methodologies:
• Checking artwork proofs
• Creating Proofing Work Instructions
• Communicating with the Repro in relation to design, proofs and amendments
Salary is up to £25,000 per Annum, depending on experience, though could be enhanced for the right person.
• To work with Technical Department and External Sales to develop and effectively manage all aspects of a customer portfolio.
• Produce timely and accurate prices that maximise margin
• Sales order entry and finished stock order entry to meet customer expectations.
• Proof management and liaison with planning and production to ensure that customer expectations are met on time and in full.
• Produce quotes and costings on new jobs
• Work in conjunction with external sales to progress and chase quotes.
• Work in conjunction with external sales to distribute sample packs and any other requested information.
• Review customer purchase orders and liaise with Technical Development on all new jobs to ensure that customer expectations are met and that the timely completion of Specifications by Technical Development is done.
• When requested, assist Technical Development in the creation and maintenance of Specifications.
• Enter Sales Orders from customer’s orders ensuring the paperwork suite is compiled and available.
• Liaise with production and planning to ensure reasonable and accurate delivery dates can be agreed and maintained.
• To review proofs prior to distributing to clients.
• Progress chase proofs and orders to ensure that deadlines are met
• Manage house corrections and author’s corrections, ensuring that where appropriate, author’s corrections are charged for
• To visit customers and prospects with External Sales where necessary
• To host press passes and customer visits
• Completion of monthly sales reports and performance analysis as required by the team and customers.
• Support the team (Technical, Planning, Production) during busy periods by covering roles and responsibilities
• Monitor quality of data in the business to ensure procedures are followed
• Work closely with internal departments to drive quality and service through the business
• Develop customer relationships including participating on visits when appropriate
• Establish and develop excellent working relationships with other sites
• Support the Sales team in key account meetings.
• Provide cover for administrative support for internal departments
• Maintain a good working knowledge of the product range and business needs
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Experience within a print specific customer service role
• Previous print estimating experience.
• Strong standard of education
• Computer literate to high level in Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to learn and develop functionality in other systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Self motivated, shows initiative and has the ability to multi task
• Close attention to detail
• Positive can do attitude
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Detailed knowledge of Narrow Web Printing capabilities