My client is an international company of engineers respected on the world stage. They have delivered the design of many high quality and complex high profile projects. The company offer lovely working environments and excellent benefits as well as a competitive salary.
This role will work as part of their overall Commercial Team with particular focus on the Commercial / Contractual / Management of projects - they are looking for someone with a some construction/engineering industry experience over a pure legal/ other backgrounds.
Their project teams work in a number of contractual arrangements with both collaborating designers and for clients of different types including government organisations, owners/occupiers, developers and contractors.
The complexity of this is added to by the different legal jurisdictions that the firm operates in. Consequently the business requires support and guidance from a professionally qualified and pro-active commercial team to ensure that the interests of the firm are looked after and the best possible outcome is achieved from contract negotiations, commercial discussions and the management of potential claims against the firm.
What Can I bring to the role?
Professionally qualified in construction discipline (Quantity Surveyor, Engineer etc.) and/or related legal qualification with sound foundation of experience in the negotiation and agreement of terms of business (appointments), experience of adjudication, mediation and other forms of dispute resolution resulting in favorable settlement of claims and entitlement. It is expected that this experience will allow you to demonstrate:
• Proven experience within a legal, commercial or financial role within the construction and property industry
• Proven experience of pre and post-contract administration including change order control, notices and fee entitlements
• A good working knowledge of the range of forms of contract such as NEC3, JCT, Govt Frameworks, FIDIC
• Understanding of a range of commercial instruments such as insurance, warranties and letters of reliance.
• Experience and ability to negotiate terms directly with clients or their legal/commercial representatives to drive mutually beneficial outcomes
• Experience of dispute avoidance/resolution
• Contract procurement for complex multi-disciplinary projects
• Collaboration: willing to share knowledge, experience, ideas and expertise for the betterment of group and self In return, this position will enable you to challenge and expand your commercial and interpersonal skills, being an integral part of delivering a range of exceptional projects around the globe.
The salary offered for this role is £45-50k plus private health care and enhanced pension. For more details please apply today!