This is a rare opportunity to join a friendly, non-corporate company based in beautiful Bath. This role also represents an excellent opportunity for an astute and intellectually curious individual from a legal, surveying, contract procurement background to move into a specialised position within commercial management and administration. Very good benefits and progression await the successful candidate - as well as working for an impressive company who look after their staff!
Essentially, your activities will contribute to the mitigation of commercial and contractual risks associated with the impressive projects this company works on.The commercial team of this company play an integral role in mitigating the trading risks which emanate from their daily interactions with clients and business partners, helping to ensure that their services are delivered with a level of compliance and profitability expected of such a well respected company.
Typical Key Responsibilities
You will typically:
• Analyse commercial requests and stipulations from clients and sub-consultants
• Prepare contracts, agreements, deeds, orders, notices, statements and other documentation.
• This will include pre and post-contract reviews and conditions and where directed from time to time entitlements (claims).
• Excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms to staff at all levels of the company and external organisations, maintaining confidentiality of information.
• Contract drafting skills
• Detail orientated
• Persuasive and effective communicator
Ideally, a good law degree or degree in a construction discipline (quantity surveying, engineering) with a second degree or qualification in law, however, the client would also consider candidates studying towards a post-graduate Law qualification.
LPC or other legal qualification would be an advantage but is not essential.
Experience The following would be desirable but is not essential:
• Demonstrable experience of dealing with the administration of contracts or other similar work or a relevant qualification.
Great company and rare opportunity so please apply today! Salary to £20k