My client is a global company with a great culture and an even better opportunity for the right person! A really friendly company who care about their employees, progression, great offices and location and a good range of benefits await the successful candidate.
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Assistant or a more experienced Executive to be based in their Bath office.
The job holder will review and offer advice on appointments and other contractual documentation within their industry with an emphasis on the commercial aspects.
The ideal candidate for the Executive level is likely to have spent time in a comparable role and job environment, however the opportunity may also appeal to a construction professional at the early stages in the career who wishes to diversify into law. If you are a Law graduate or have a construction degree with some law qualification then this is something that would interest them too. They will look at those who have less experience (with the right education) too - worth applying to discuss this with us in more detail.
Key Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Commercial Associate you will:
• Prepare contracts, agreements, deeds, orders, notices, statements and other documentation
• Undertake appointment and contract reviews and advise on pre and post-contract issues and claims (entitlements) within their areas of responsibility (geographic) under direction of the Commercial Associate.
• Work closely with the Commercial Associate and assist in all areas as reasonably directed by them
• Assist with administrative tasks such as keeping standard documents up to date, keeping records and statistics, progress monitoring of casework
• Be responsible for the commercial assistants (if any) and endeavour to develop staff for whom you are responsible to their full potential
• Carry out any other duties as may be required, within the general remit of the job.
Person specification: Key Skills:
Contract drafting skills
Commercial negotiation skills
Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms to staff at all levels of the company and external organisations, maintaining confidentiality of information.
Good organisational and administrative skills and ability to work on multiple tasks and ensure work is delivered on time.
A clear personal commitment to the clients customer care policies and an understanding of their relevance to this post.
Qualifications: Legally qualified with some post qualification experience, or a degree in a Quantity Surveying or Engineering discipline with a second degree/qualification or interest in Law willing to undertake a second qualification.
This is a lovely role within a really good company - if you think you fit the bill then apply today!
Salary: £17/8k (Assistant level) up to around 25,000.00 /year